Supercharge your diet and your hair growth with super foods
Nutrition plays an important role in our overall health, and also the health of our hair. Nutritional deficiencies can cause hair loss, but with an improved diet and knowledge of the right foods, you can keep your hair strong, full, and in good condition. Here are a few foods you should be incorporating into your regular diet.
- Fatty fish- Fish like salmon, herring and mackerel have elements that promote hair growth. A study found that taking a fish oil supplement can significantly reduce hair loss and increase hair growth.
- Eggs – Eggs are a great source of both protein and biotin, which are two nutrients that may promote hair growth, because protein helps keep hair follicles healthy, and biotin is an essential production of keratin.
- Leafy Greens- Dark leafy green vegetables are full of nutrients that prevent hair loss, and contain vitamin A, iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C. Vitamin A especially is helpful in playing a role in hair health, as it creates an oil that protects hair by moisturizing the scalp.
- Fruit – Fruit has lots of vitamin C and antioxidants, which can help protect hair follicles, absorb iron, and make collagen, one of the helpful proteins that builds hair.
- Nuts – Nuts are vastly rich in nutrients that promote hair growth, and they provide a wide variety of B vitamins, zinc, and essential fatty acids.
- Seeds – Seeds provide many nutrients that are beneficial for hair loss, especially vitamin E, zinc, and selenium. Did you know that just one ounce of sunflower seeds can deliver 50% of your daily vitamin E needs, and flaxseeds ad chia seeds provide important omega-3 fatty acids.
- Oysters – Oysters are one of the best food sources of zinc, which is a mineral that helps support hair growth and repair cycle. Studies have shown that taking a zinc supplement can reverse the effects of hair loss caused by a zinc deficiency, but only in small doses.
- Shrimp – This shellfish is rich in many nutrients that have the potential to promote hair growth. Shrimp are a great source of protein, B vitamins, zinc, iron, and vitamin D. Studies have linked vitamin D3 deficiency to hair loss, and shrimp provides 38% of your daily vitamin D needs with just one serving.
And no matter what condition your hair health is in, we are here to provide the best hair results for what you’re looking for. At Robotic Hair Rx, we analyze your hair loss severity and discuss aesthetic goals. During your consultation with our team of experts, we will determine the next steps. Request your consultation today and begin your journey towards your hair goals!